Hi and Welcome!
I am Julia Markova,
I am here to help you move from “Survive” to “Thrive.” With compassion and at your own pace.
I speak Functional and Bioindividual Nutrition. And a few other languages (I am bilingual English/ Russian, fluent in French, and “like a dog” in Greek: I understand it but don’t speak it well any more).
I have lived, worked, cooked, and eaten across multiple countries and cultures prior to starting my health coaching practice in Portland, Oregon, USA.
That is why I find it easier to talk about the things I am not vs. those that I might be.
- I am not a “health warrior: ” I find “health” and “war” incompatible with each other.
- I do not know all the answers and I never will. In my coaching practice, I help my clients to get curious about how they got to where they are now so that, together, we can find a better way moving forward.
- In spite of having endured a TBI in my teenage years, I chose to “thrive” instead of “survive” with it. A lot of what I do and practice is due to having endured a brain injury as a teenager. If not for that, I might have not chosen to specialize in the gut-brain connection, so this is something I have learned to be grateful for.
Certifications/ Letters after the Name:
- Bioindividual Nutrition Practitioner Certification (pend)
- Certified Transformational Nutrition Coach
- Functional Nutrition Lab: Proud Scholarship Recipient (“PDX Pick”) and Graduate (“Digestive Intensive” and “Full Body Systems”)
- MBA, UC Davis (USA)
- BA, Linguistics, Moscow State Linguistic University (Russia)
“Helped me get back on track”
Anya, age 44
“Made a real difference”
Laurel, age 57
“Really listened to me”
Korey, age 46