Hi and Welcome!
I am Julia Markova,
I speak Bioindividual Nutrition.
I know how to listen to you and design a diet and lifestyle protocol to nourish YOU as an individual. Regardless of what you have tried in the past.
Fun fact: I also speak a few other languages (I am bilingual English/ Russian, fluent in French, and “like a dog” in Greek: I understand it but don’t speak it well any more).
Another fun fact: I have lived, worked, cooked, and eaten across multiple countries and cultures prior to starting my health coaching practice in Portland, Oregon, USA.
That is why, sometimes, I find it easier to talk about the things I am not vs. those that I might be.
I am and do not
- I am not a “health warrior ” as I find “health” and “war” incompatible with each other.
- In spite of having endured a TBI in my teenage years, I chose to “thrive” instead of “survive” with it. A lot of what I do personally and what I practice nutritionally is due to having endured a brain injury as a teenager. If not for that, I might have not chosen to focus on the gut-brain connection, so this is something I have learned to be grateful for.
- I do not count calories. Instead, I count chemicals (to see if it’s still “food.”)
- I have never found my “driving Zen:” I grew up with an excellent public transit system. Now that I live in the US, I bike and walk whenever I can.
- I will not advise you on the best water filter to use. I prefer fresh mineral spring water instead (usually, free and abundant).
- I do not know all the answers and I never will. In my coaching practice, I help my clients to get curious about how they got to where they are now so that, together, we can find a better way moving forward.
Certifications/ Letters after the Name:
- Certified Transformational Nutrition Coach
- Functional Nutrition Lab: Proud Scholarship Recipient (“PDX Pick”) and Graduate (“Digestive Intensive” and “Full Body Systems”)
- Currently pursuing: Bioindividual Nutrition Practitioner Certification (Institute of Bioindividual Nutrition)
- MBA, UC Davis (USA)
- BA, Linguistics, Moscow State Linguistic University (Russia)
“Helped me get back on track”
Anya, age 44
“Made a real difference”
Laurel, age 57
“Really listened to me”
Korey, age 46